002:: book binge



Fox Face bookmarks: available here
I've been on a book binge lately. It's unfortunate that since I graduated last May, I haven't actually been reading as much as I used to, but in the past two weeks or so, I've been burning through books like crazy. Right now, I am juggling three books: Lev Grossman's The Magicians, Catherynne Valente's The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making, and Mark Bauerlain's The Dumbest Generation, just to throw in a bit of non-fiction in the mix. 

I was getting tired of having to find my paper bookmarks, so I decided to stop reading and make a few felt bookmarks of my own. I had never seen them in use before, but I went ahead and tried it nonetheless. 

I have to say, these are my favorite items in the shop to date. They stay in place, even when I stick them in my large Mary Poppins-esque purse, and they make my books look adorable. I love that they're thick enough that they don't slip in within the pages of my books, too! I keep a couple of bookmarks in my bag, and even if they get scrunched in the bottom, I just flatten them out when I need them, and they're back to their regular shape! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh so very cute- you know what would be even cuter, a Mallory Squeal version!!! (you know I love my pigs!) :)

    ReplyDelete