003:: wearable DIY jewelry


Though I've been making jewelry for a while now, I'm never really confident to wear them out in public. I think it's because most of the jewelry I've made has just been beads strung on some stretchy string or clay sculptures glued onto findings. I haven't really dabbled in bigger or metal pieces, which now I think makes a simple DIY look very chic.

All the bracelets I'm wearing are DIY. The middle two were just random beads I had found in my huge box of craft items, and the green and orange macrame were made using this tutorial from Honestly WTF. When I first saw the tutorial, I thought they were cute, but didn't plan on making them until I had to make an emergency trip to the craft store to buy some thread (apparently, I go through a lot). Since it's such a hassle getting to that part of town, I thought I should stop at the clearance section just to see what was on sale.

The metal circles were $0.97 for 5, and the cord was only $3.00 for 5 or 6 different colors. Uhm, no brainer there. The bracelets are surprisingly easy to make, and I whipped up five of them in less than an hour. I admit, I don't wear them as much as my gold or silver bangles or my cuffs, but when I do, I get a lot of compliments, which just intensifies my drive to be better at making my own jewelry. 

1 comment:

  1. The Laura craft blog?! Too good to be true! I'm constantly in awe of all you do and keep up with, lady!
    xoxox,
    Lar

    ReplyDelete