004:: (wax) paper hearts


I don't usually get a lot of time to craft everyday, and when that happens, I try to devote a few minutes to learning new methods and using new materials. I found the idea to make these wax paper hearts from one of Martha Stewart's books (but you can see the same instructions and photos here). Initially, I planned on cutting star shapes instead of hearts, but since my crayons didn't melt as nicely as I thought they would, I settled for the easier-to-cut heart shape.

I'm not sure why mine didn't turn out looking as smooth as the instruction photos. I'm guessing that it's because I used the generic-brand crayons that came with my Hello Kitty mini coloring kit. Or maybe it was because I didn't have my iron on the right setting. I obviously need a lot more practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment