005:: awesome find | fabian ciraolo







I'm always surprised when friends send me links to contemporary artists' blogs or portfolios, because it seems as if they know exactly what I would fall in love with. My friend Chris pointed me to Fabian Ciraolo perhaps for his awesome re-imaginings of popular 80's cartoon characters like She-Ra, Jem, and like shown above, some of the members of G-Force from Battle of the Planets. But after perusing Ciraolo's other illustrations, I found other illustrations that hooked me for varying reasons. 

Take for example illustrations 2,3 and 4. I absolutely adore the collages in the background that supplement the subjects. I love the small, barely hidden suggestions that make one almost doubt what the subject seems to be about at first glance. Then, you got the starry, space-like aura of his works. Just totally rad.

No comments:

Post a Comment