007::geek thrills:decoupage x-men heels








My current outfits have been lacking in the geek department lately, so I thought I'd geek things up a bit by making some comics kicks. In truth, I've been wanting to do this decoupage project for a long time now, but just didn't have the time to sift through my piles of unwanted comics for the right images. That took up the most time in this project. Oh, and the waiting.

Comics Decoupage Heels
What you need:
Mod Podge
cut-out images of your favorite comic book
brush
shoes
slightly damp rag/paper towel

1. With the rag, clean the surface of your shoes.
2. Using Mod Podge, start gluing the images onto the shoe, working in small sections. Once the shoe is covered with images, apply a thin layer of Mod Podge above the images and wait for it to dry before starting on another layer.
3. I painted 3-4 layers of Mod Podge on my shoes, waiting for each layer to dry before applying a new layer. And then I left the last layer to dry overnight before wearing these puppies out.

*I wasn't entirely pleased with how these shoes came out. I think next time I'll cut the images out in panels, instead of contouring with the shape of the characters. But I still LOVE these shoes. Total X-men lover all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment